- The much-anticipated Minecraft Update is finally here! Mojang has really done a good job with this update, adding a plethora of features. Here we go.
- New map file format called Anvil, allowing a new height limit (256 instead of 128).
- New Jungle biome.
- Added Ocelots.
- Added Cats.
- Added Iron Golems.
- New AI for mobs
- Tame wolves can have puppies.
- Villagers will have children if there is room in their village.
- Zombie sieges will occur occasionally at night.
- Zombies break down doors on hard difficulty.
- New items and blocks.
- Added rare drops for mobs.
- Added the items Fire Charge and Bottle of Enchanting.
- Added Redstone Lamps.
- Added 3 new blocks textures (), that aren’t yet used in survival (Circle Stone Brick is accessible in creative).
- Changed Dispenser and Oak Sapling textures. ()
- Slabs and Stairs can be placed upside-down by placing them below a block.
- Placing blocks on Grass will replace it.
- Lava now has a faint rumbling sound effect, and large particles that hop out of the lava produce a popping sound.
- Very rare Desert Wells can be found in Desert biomes.
- Third person view may now show the sides of the player’s head when rotating.
- F3 has some changes and additions:
- Clouds cast very faint shadows onto the terrain and when an undead or enderman mob is in the shadows, they can resist the daylight.
- Many other minor tweaks and fixes.
And to show some of these features a slideshow!
First off, some of the new trees included in Jungle Biomes! By putting four of the new Jungle Tree saplings right next to each other, using a few pieces of bonemeal, a giant Jungle Tree will grow.
After a bit of bonemeal……
You can also create a new Iron Golem which will spawn and defend villages naturally. You can force fully create them with 4 blocks of Iron shaped like a snowman but with arms, and a pumpkin. They are a bit of a waste though, 36 iron for one golem, and when they die they only drop 4 pieces. Although to admit, they take a while to die, they have a lot of armor.
Next up: Ocelots. These are very timid creatures that tend to hide in the Jungle bushes.
Wolf Puppies: You can now breed Wolf Puppies by feeding two tamed wolves any type of meat. Porkchops, Steak, Rotten Flesh, etc.
Fire charges: The world’s newest flint and tinder. Basically a fire starter. Like we need another one.
Input » OutputBlaze Powder +
The recipe photo is a little messed up okay, sorry.
Steps can now be placed upside down. A good bit of decoration for a cool house.
Creepers run from Cats=Best thing ever. You can nearly beat a creeper to death this way. Punch, let it get close to you and your cat scares him away.
And lastly. The new height limit, the world size has been doubled. Which while adding more building space also nearly doubles the lag on my computer. There is absolutely no chance that I can record videos anymore. Darn you Mojang, we didn’t need more space, just make the underground smaller.
Journey To The Top Of The World- A photo montage by Tyler