Hello, and welcome to a new-ish feature by The Block Brothers. Today, Jonah and I are going to occasionally post some Minecraft news for all you miners out there. That way you can come to us on some of the newest Minecraft news. Remember! If you have an article, or news about Minecraft that we forgot, email us. We appreciate getting emails from our followers, and these sources would help us improve our blog! Thank you.
Now onto the post.
Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition: To start off, with this part of our news, I am confused. Yesterday on Minecraft forum website, there was an article which would contribute the release date of the Xbox edition to March 23rd. Not only would that be awesome, but it also joins up with the release of the Hunger Games movie.
However, sadly, I was wrong. This article only told us that the official release date would be announced on March 23rd or earlier. The actual official release date is now May 9th. It’s official cost is 1600 Microsoft Points which adds up to $20. Now I’m a little bummed about the release date, but the Hunger Games movie tomorrow will cheer me up. Now back onto topic!
The second part of this post, includes some of the new bug fixes in the Minecraft update. There are a plethora of new bug fixes, but no additional content. Here are the bug fixes for Minecraft 1.2.4
- Chat history and much better chat editing
- A few new decoration blocks
- “Back” and “Quit” buttons to OutOfMemoryScreen
- Made cats more realistic (read: probably annoying). I hope it’s enough to cancel out any joy you may receive from the previous feature!
- Added a “minimal” debug menu for testing with. Shift+F3 to hide the graphs.
- Made placing half blocks on existing half blocks (to make a full block) easier
- Limit framerate on menu screens, no longer uses 100% cpu and make my computer melt
- Fixed fatal crash for converted worlds to anvil, when there’s blocks at max height
- Fixed an old bug with signs clearing text while you’re editing them in SMP
- Fixed crash when logging in while there are blocks at maxheight at spawn
- Fixed TNT ghosts in multiplayer
- Fixed storage minecarts dropping enchanted items
- Fixed crashes on invalid server addresses when joining a server
- Fixed entities being uninteractable if they existed at login (Multiplayer)
- Fixed dupe exploit with paintings
- Fixed furnaces and dispensers dropping enchanted items
- Fixed the “flickering” of chat as it vanishes off the screen
- Fixed text rendering over items in the container screens
- Fixed exploit with jungle saplings (turns other saplings into jungle ones)
- Fixed launcher opening minecraft dir if the path contains a space
- Fixed an off-by-one lighting bug
- Fixed block transmuting (turning one block into another via pistons)
- Fixed placing mushrooms in daylight, where they can’t survive
- Fixed redstone lamps dropping powered block items when destroyed while on
- “save-all” (server) now works even when you have toggled “save-off”
- Fixed turning half-blocks into full-blocks while you’re standing on them
- Fixed seed displaying in F3 debug when the seed is unknown (multiplayer)
- Fixed villager texture changing clientside per profession
- Fixed falling off ledge corners while holding shift
- Fixed players falling when reconnecting to servers where they were previously flying
A lot of simple fixes, mostly dealing with the new blocks, but any fix is a positive one.
I hope you enjoyed the post. Have a good day and Happy Mining!
Here’s the link for the official Minecraft forum page: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1113155-124-update-is-out-xbla-release-date/