Hey guys and gals. Quick tip for you today. Since the game is called Minecraft, obviously the most important part of the game is mining. Well here are a few things you should know about mining ores.
There are six different ores: Coal, Iron, Redstone, Lapis Lazuli, Gold, and of course DIAMOND.
Coal is the most common, and therefore, slightly annoying. Diamond is the rarest, and therefore, very annoying :). But it’s fun when you find it.
*SIDE-TRACK! Everyone who is reading this, think back to when you first started playing Minecraft. Think about how you felt when you found diamond for the first time. Also, is there anyone out there who thought they found diamond for the first time, only to discover that it was really lapis lazuli? Were there any creeper problems? Finally, what is the largest quantity of diamonds that you have ever lost? If you feel so inclined, you should comment below with your fun stories. We appreciate feedback.*
Anyway, here is where you can find ores.
Coal, as stated before, is the most common ore in Minecraft. Eventually, you will find that you just have too much of it. If there is a mine or even some stone nearby you will very likely find some coal.
- Commonly found on levels 128 and below.
- Most common on level 29.
- No Coal on levels 132 or higher.
- Any pick can be used to mine Coal.
- Drops one piece of Coal when mined.
- Commonly found on levels 64 and below.
- Most common on level 35.
- No Iron on levels 68 or higher.
- A stone, iron, or diamond pick may be used to mine Iron.
- Drops one Iron ore block when mined, must be cooked in furnace to turn it into an Iron ingot.
- Commonly found on levels 29 and below.
- Most common on level 20.
- No Gold on levels 34 or higher.
- An iron or diamond pick may be used to mine Gold.
- Drops one Gold ore block when mined, must be cooked in furnace to turn it into a Gold ingot.
- Commonly found on levels 15 and below.
- Most common on level 8.
- No Redstone on levels 17 and higher.
- An iron or diamond pick may be used to mine Redstone.
- Drops multiple pieces of redstone dust when mined.
- Commonly found on levels 23 and below.
- Most common on level 14.
- No Lapis Lazuli on levels 33 and higher.
- A stone, iron, or diamond pick may be used to mine Lapis Lazuli.
- Drops multiple pieces of Lapis Lazuli when mined.
- Commonly found on levels
- Most common (although still rare) on level
- No Diamond on levels
- An iron or diamond pick may be used to mine Diamond.
- Drops one diamond when mined (darn).
Thanks for reading! I hope you found this tip useful and helpful. Remember to tell your friends who play Minecraft about us, like our Facebook page, follow our blog, etc. you get the point. Happy Mining!