Hey everyone! We got a new snapshot yesterday! This one continues where we left off last time. More updates with villager trading, even more temples, and other cool things! You wanna see what they all are? Awesome!
First of all, I think we should all wish Notch, the man who made this wonderful game possible, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
- The trading system was updated. For example, villagers can now trade two items with you, meaning, you give them two items for something. You’ll see. This most often comes into play in the other part. Villagers can now trade you enchanted gear. They may ask for an iron pickaxe and 5 emeralds and you could get some sort of enchanted iron pick. I’m just making up numbers there but it’s pretty cool.
- The enchantment system got changed…a lot! The max enchant level is now 30, not 50. Therefore, you only need 15 bookshelves for max level enchantments. You can get xp from mining certain ores, using furnaces, and getting achievements. And xp levels are awarded linearly. You now need 17 experience to level up.
- Smelting with a lava bucket will now leave you with an empty bucket
- Added Jungle Temples
- Added tripwire hooks
- Added Emerald block
- Updated creative inventory
- Added Adventure game mode. Right now, the only difference is that you can’t destroy or place blocks (in progress, not so cool yet)
- Terrain changes
- Rain drops slowly through leaves
- Although very rare, Nether portals can spawn Zombie Pigmen
- Cauldrons can slowly fill with water when exposed to rain
- Ender chests can now be found in blacksmith’s houses
- Bug fixes
Phew…that was the edited version too. Let’s take a look at some of these features.
Not only is it easier to get a maxed out enchantment table, experience levels are immensely easier to achieve now. Now, this new enchanting system can be thought of as amazing or frightening.
Good thing- It’s easy to get awesome enchantments so you can go out and demolish all those creepers
Bad thing- It’s easy to get enchantments. I say this for those of you who play on PvP servers. Now, this is just my thought. But it may be a little too easy so now the people with diamond armor and tools and a lot of xp will demolish anyone easily. That’s just me though.
Ok. Now for the coolest thing in this snapshot. Setting traps in Minecraft can be a somewhat difficult process as pressure plates can be easily spotted and inform the soon-to-be victim that there’s a trap.
IT’S A TRAP! -Admiral Ackbar 🙂
Well setting traps just got a lot easier and a lot more fun.
Attach the two tripwire hooks, connect with string, add some TNT and wait for your victim.
Thanks for reading everyone! I hope you guys enjoyed this post. I suggest that you check out this snapshot it’s pretty neat. I’m sure that 1.3 will be coming out soon, it’s been quite a while since the last official update. All I can say for sure is this: Minecraft 1.3 is going to be the biggest, and greatest update in the history of Minecraft.
Let us know what you are most excited about for the Minecraft 1.3 update in the poll below.
Again, thanks for reading! You can download the snapshot by following the link provided below. Happy Mining!