Hello everyone, just a quick update today. Now, I know that I haven’t been doing very good posts lately, and for that I apologize to you all. However, please hang on just a bit longer, as I’ve been a bit busy and I will be doing some better, and longer posts. Anyway, let’s talk about today’s.
As the title may have told you, there will be no more snapshots until 1.3. So we have the 20 days until 1.3 to wait without any updates. However, that being said, on July 25th, Mojang will release an early version of 1.3 to give modders and texture pack makers time to update their stuff. With all of the content added in this update, this update will be well worth the wait. Why don’t we review what we have coming up, and it’s quite a list.
- There will be an increase in cpu efficiency allowing for a better use of computer processors. Basically, faster.
- Singleplayer modes will also be considered a type of Multiplayer.
- Added Singleplayer commands
- Friends can join your game, (through LAN)
- Added demo mode for non-premium users
- Added chat options
- A lot of bugs have been fixed.
- Added an Adventure mode
- Added trading with Villagers
- Players can now get experience easier, from many different things.
- Improved enchanting
- Players can also write in books.
- Made sub-biome type mountains like Desert Hills or Ice Mountains taller
- Made cocoa beans appear on some small jungle trees
- Added optional starting chest on non-hardcore worlds
- Added large biomes world type, increasing biome sizes immensely
- Added desert-specific villages
- Added Desert and Jungle Temples
- Added emerald ore
- Only generates in Extreme Hills biomes
- Occurs up to 8 times per chunk in veins of 1
- Generates between layers 4 and 31, inclusive
Blocks & Items
- Emerald and Emerald Ores
- Ender chest, a teleporting, world-sharing chest.
- Furnaces can be fueled by wooden tools
- Nether Portal
- Leaks into the Overworld, Zombiepigmen may come out of them
- Half slabs
- Added all wood types
- Wooden slabs crafted after the update act like wood
- Will now be top slabs when placed on the upper half of a block’s side
- Added Sandstone Stairs
- Added wooden stairs for all kinds of wood
- Adjusted hitbox
- Instead of dispensing buckets, dispensers will now suck in or place water or lava in front of them, or Minecarts and Boats
- Changed Gravel texture
- Golden Apple, two different crafting recipes
- Boats are not broken by Lilies, and they are less buggy and easier to control
- Pigs drop 1-3 Porkchops now.
- Reduced Slime spawn rate in superflat maps.
That’s all folks! I’m getting quite excited about this update. Before we know it, the update of amazingness will be out. Many bugs will be fixed, and Minecraft will be better after this update. Until tomorrow, this is Tyler saying Good Night, Happy Mining and have some fun!